Hi,

layout(1:2) # split the screen into 2 regions
plot(1:2) # plot in region 1
plot(1:2) # plot in region 2

par(mfg=c(1,1)) # Then I want to update the plot in region 1
plot(1.5,1.5)

But the this last plot overlays with my 1st plot.

Q: How do I replace my first plot with my last?

I know I can do this with split.screen and screen(n,TRUE)
But then it actually clears the previous plot before plotting the new one,
which causes a 'white flash' if you know what I mean.

Since I will be updating my plot at a fairly rapid rate (imagine using a
image sequence to emulate a video)
The 'white flashing' definitely CANNOT be there.

--
KC