Hello list,

I seem to have a problem with the openNLP package, I'm actually stuck in the very beginning. Here's what I did:
> install.packages("openNLP")
> install.packages("openNLPmodels.de", repos = "http://datacube.wu.ac.at/";, type = "source")

> library(openNLPmodels.de)
> library(openNLP)

So I installed the main package as well as the supplementary german model. Now, I try to use the "sentDetect" function:

> s <- c("Das hier ist ein Satz. Und hier ist noch einer - sogar mit Gedankenstrich. Ist das nicht toll?")
> sentDetect(s, language = "de", model = "openNLPmodels.de")

I get the following error message which I can't make any sense of:

Fehler in .jnew("opennlp/maxent/io/SuffixSensitiveGISModelReader", .jnew("java.io.File", : java.io.FileNotFoundException: openNLPmodels.de (No such file or directory)

The model seems to have been installed just fine but there seems to be a directory missing. The documentation of openNLP doesn't mention anything like setting a particular working directory or something... also a Google search for this error didn't come up with anything useful.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

I'm on R 2.12.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.5

Thanks,
Sascha