Please provide a reproducible example!

E.g., use ?dput to dump a minimal data.frame that
exhibits this issue on the newest version of R.

Justin Fincher wrote:
Howdy,
   I have written a small function to generate a simple plot and my
colleague is having an error when attempting to run it.  Essentially I loop
through categories in a data frame and take the average value for each
category The categories are in $V1, subset first then mean taken and
concatenated to previous values using rbind(c("label",mean(data$V6)).  The
result is a two-column matrix with labels in column one and values in column
two.  Within the function I calculate the correlation of column two and
another set of values that are part of the function.  On my computer (linux
box running R 2.8.1) the function runs correctly.  On my colleague's
computer (Windows box running R 2.12) the function throws an error at the
cor() function call saying that "x must be numeric."  We are running on the
exact same data set and source'ing the same function definition.  Any help
would be appreciated.

- Fincher