On Dec 28, 2010, at 10:38 AM, Mikkel Grum wrote:

Thanks. The way I run it, I can determine what version of R to run with which script. Don't know how to do that with R CMD BATCH.

Seems as though something like this (using absolute path to the instance of R.exe) should work:

C:\R\R-2.12.1\bin\R CMD BATCH [options] infile [outfile]

At least if I remember my command line Windows conventions ... it's been a few years.

--
David.

Placing options(echo = FALSE) in the infile solves my problem. I got that from the page you linked to.

Mikkel

--- On Tue, 12/28/10, David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net> wrote:

From: David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [R] batch file output
To: "David Winsemius" <dwinsem...@comcast.net>
Cc: "Mikkel Grum" <mi2kelg...@yahoo.com>, r-help@r-project.org
Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 8:30 AM

On Dec 28, 2010, at 8:27 AM, David Winsemius wrote:

On Dec 28, 2010, at 8:09 AM, Mikkel Grum wrote:

I run a batch file with the following command in
Windows XP:

C:\R\R-2.12.1\bin\Rterm.exe --no-save --no-restore
<C:\users\me\file.R> C:\users\me\file.out 2>&1

Is there any way to get only the output of R in
file.out, without getting all the code from file.R too?

Put a sink(file="C:\users\me\file2.out")

Would probably work better to use forward slashes.

in the file.R would be one way but your general
strategy looks a bit strange. One does not generally use the
interactive version of R for batch execution. See:

http://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/library/utils/html/BATCH.html

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT