Hello everyone,

I've been looking for an R function to calculate bivariate weighted fits of
my data set, preferably using methods of Williamson-York.

Improvements offered by using bivariate weighted fitting compared to
conventional linear least-square fitting was recently described in a paper
by Cantrell (http://www.atmos-chem-phys.org/8/5477/2008/acp-8-5477-2008.pdf),
in which the methods of Williamson-York were highlighted among some of the
other bivariate methods available in literature.

Searching through the CRAN archives does reveal some packages offering
weighted fitting methods, but, with my limited knowledge of statistics
(mathematics), I can't tell if the methods are similar to the
Williamson-York method.

Of course, other weighted methods may be just as applicable for my intended
use (determining a fit between two concurrent measurements of atmospheric
greenhouse gases), and I'm open to suggestions for other methods.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jooil

Jooil Kim
Graduate Student
School of Earth and Environmental Sciences,
Seoul National University
Gwanak Gu Shillim 9 Dong San 56-1
Seoul National Univ. Bld#501, Rm 503
Seoul, Rep. of Korea 151-742