On 2011-01-10 06:45, Ivan Calandra wrote:
Why isn't it in R base? Good question... I'm definitely not the one able
to answer to it!
Maybe someone more involved in the development can?
Ivan

Well, I suspect that Rainer has been on this list long
enough to know the answer:
 Because no has convinced R-Core to implement it!

While I might _occasionally_ find it useful, I don't
mind if R-Core prefer to pursue other language enhancements.

Peter Ehlers