Dear Ted,

sorry for being unclear. Let me try again.

I indeed have no knowledge about the value of the response variable for any object.
Instead, I have a data frames of explanatory variables for
each object. For example,

    x1       x2       x3
1   4.409974 2.348745 1.9845313
2   3.809249 2.281260 1.9170466
3   4.229544 2.610347 0.9127431
4   4.259644 1.866025 1.5982859
5   4.001306 2.225069 1.2551570

, and I want to model a regression model of the form y ~ x1 + x2 + x3.

From prior information I know that all coefficients are approximately Gaussian distributed around one and the same for the intercept around -10. Now I think there must be a package which estimates the coefficients more precisely by fitting the logistic regression function to the data without knowledge of the response variable (similar to fitting Gaussians in a mixture model where the class labels are unknown).

I looked at the flexmix package but this seems to "only" find dependencies in the data assuming the presence of some training data. I also found some evidence In Magder1997 (see below) that such an algorithm exists, however from the documented math I can't apply the method to my problem.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards
Robin

Magder, L. S. & Hughes, J. P. Logistic Regression When the Outcome Is Measured with Uncertainty American Journal of Epidemiology, 1997, 146, 195-203