Gerrit,

thanks & viele Grüße nach Oberhessen :-)

plot (1, 1, ylab = expression (Z[list(i,i)]))
though that cannot be evaluated, either (due to [ not knowing what to do with an index list)

for future searches: probably the easiest cheat is, of course,
plot (1, 1, ylab = expression (Z["i, i"]))

Anyways, I put the "how to" into the R Wiki page on plotmath.

And I suggest that it should be mentioned in the plotmath help => email to
r-devel.

Claudia

--
Claudia Beleites
Dipartimento dei Materiali e delle Risorse Naturali

phone: +39 0 40 5 58-37 68
email: cbelei...@units.it