Dear list -

I am having a problem using RODBC to access records from tables in a PostgreSQL
database.
There is no problem establishing the connection using chnl <- odbcConnect (dsn=
... etc.
The DSN seems to be properly set up using the PostgreSQL Unicode ODBC driver,
and
sqlTables(chnl) works OK and produces a list of tables in the database (they
are all in a schema called 'source').  But
>  seiz.df <- sqlFetch(chnl, 'source.MAIN')
fails with the error message
Error in odbcTableExists(channel, sqtable) :
  'source.main': table not found on channel
This occurs even though the table 'MAIN' is listed in schema 'source' in the
output of sqlTables(chnl).

I am using PostgreSQL version 9.0 and the database is installed on a local
server (localhost) on a PC running Windows 7 and R2.12.1.
I have tried version 8.4 of PostgreSQL with the same results.
The local setup is for development purposes and the final database will
eventually be installed on a remote server.

A further bit of info:  I am able to access another PostgreSQL database on a
remote server for a different project with no problems.  However, the server is
running version 7.4 of PostgreSQL.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Bob Burn