Thanks for the reply Erik, As you mentioned, grouping consecutive elements
of 'a' was my idea.
I am unaware of any R'ish way to do it. It would be nice if someone in the
community knows this.

The error resulting in the NA was pretty easy to fix, and my loop works, but
the results are still wrong (new script below).
Ideally it should print single "hello" for the single letters and grouped '3
hellos' for the fives, grouped '2 hellos' for the sixes etc.

Based on the run results, if the value of n is being tracked, it changes
quite unpredictably.
Can someone explain how the value of n changes from end of the loop to the
top without anything being done to it?
I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

a<-c(2,3,5,5,5,6,6,7)

for(n in 1:length(a))
{
print(paste("n: ",n))