Hi,

I am relatively new to R and have a question regarding code. I have a data set
which has data organised by location (site names, which are factors). I now
want to add a new variable Region (this will be non numerical, as it will be
names). Each region will contain locations. So for example:

Region: WestCoast
Locations in Region WestCoast: Tralee, Carradale and so on...

So each Region will contain different Locations, so that location can be nested
within Region if needed.

I have found info on how to create different Age categories for example but my
input is not numeric, but it is names or rather factors with a number of levels
(which are place names).

I would be grateful for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Thank you!
Melanie Zoelck
86 Gleann Na Ri
Renmore