Daniel,
searching for 'latent class analysis' on
http://www.r-project.org/search.html
gives many results: the CRAN taskviews on psychometrics and the one on
clustering both contain relevant links to packages that may do what you are
looking for.

In particular, for general LCA there is package e1071, poLCA and randomLCA
(the latter also has random effects hence the name).
Other packages include flexmix and gamlss.mx

hth, Ingmar

PS: the link to the ppt file does not work

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Daniel Vecchiato <daniel.vecchi...@unipd.it