I have recently been reading several books on data mining which contain a
few data sets.  The books offer some perspective on model choices, tuning
decisions, result interpretation.  Are there any good resources that can walk
me
through the thought process of an experienced data miner with the datasets that
are included for packages such as "rpart" & "kmeans".

I currently use MS Access VBA for a bulk of my data manipulation and then use R
Commander and Rattle for my statistical analysis.  Thank you.

Regards,
John
 John Filben
Cell Phone - 773.401.2822