On Feb 5, 2011, at 9:29 AM, Asan Ramzan wrote:

Hello R-help
I have the following data for a standard curve
concentration(nM),fluorescence
0,48.34
2,58.69
5,70.83
10,94.73
20,190.8
50,436.0
100, 957.9

(1)Is there function in R to plot a spline.

?spline

(2)How can I interpolation,say 1000 point from 0nM-100nM and store this as a
data frame of concentration,fluorescence

?approxfun

(3)How can I modify the code below so that instead of retrieving a concentration with the exact value of fluorescence, it gives me concentration for the value
that is closest to that fluorescence.

?which.min #(although I would be using "[" rather than subset for that purpose.)

subset(df,fluorescence==200.3456,select=concentration)

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT