Dear all,

I am a fresh user of R and I already face to problems that I don't
understand.
In the use of the function nls(), I systematically have an error message :
"Singular gradient matrix at initial parameters estimates".
I tried to use nls() on a set of data that I subseted from a bigger matrix
data. I wish to fit a gaussian on these points (spectrum) and draw this fit
on the plot.
Is this possible? Why do I always have this error message when using nls() ?

Thank you for your answers, and don't make fun of me :) because, as I said,
I am a fresh novice :)