Hi:

Try the vegan and biodiversityR packages; both contain functions for
producing species accumulation curves.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Vanessa Francisco <vanewa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello! I'm a PhD student working with coral reef fish diversity in Mexico.
> I want to do species accumulation curves but I have differential sampling
> effort for each "sample".
> Do you know or have developed an R script that consider the differential
> effort of each sample?
> PRIMER and other programs use each pack of species as a replica without the
> possibility of telling the program that the first group of species (sample)
> was collected during a 30 minutes dive and the second group (sample) was
> taking after 60 minutes dive and so on.

One could create a variable in your data frame that quantifies the dive
duration. Whether or not the SAC functions accept weights is something you
could learn from their help pages.

HTH,
Dennis

I would really appreciate any kind of help!