On Feb 25, 2011, at 7:25 AM, agent dunham wrote:

Apologies, I'm really new with R, Can you help me with the syntax?

here is my data.frame in which I introduce independent variables:

varind <-
data.frame(datpos$hdom2,datpos$NumPies,datpos$InHart,datpos $CV,datpos$CA,datpos$FCC)

varind has dimensions(194, 6), in case that's necessary. Then I type:

loglmp4 <- lm(log(datpos$IncAltuDom)~log(varind), subset=varind>0)

Because varind is now a dataframe, you need to refer to its columns when offering candidate independent variables to lm. It is not clear which column you wanted to test for positivity and which use on the RHS from varind. You should also get in the habit of:

--- including context in followup questions
--- using the data= argument in model construction

Going back to your original question where the dataframe was named "dat"and it was clear what variable you wanted on the RHS:

lmod1.lm <- lm( log(inaltu)~log(indiam), data= dat, subset=(indiam > 0 & inaltu > 0) )

--
David.

Error en model.frame.default(formula = log(datpos$IncAltuDom) ~ log(varind),
:
 invalid type (list) for variable 'log(varind)'

Thanks again,u...@host.com

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT