Hello Everyone,

*Question: *How do you calculate the sum of squares for a two-way
_unbalanced_ ANOVA?

*What I have done:*
I have found many useful tutorials online for running a balanced two-way
ANOVA but I haven't had much luck for running a unbalanced two-way
ANOVA. From what I have read, the trouble with running an unbalanced
two-way ANOVA, is that things get tricky when calculating the sum of
squares for two factors and the interaction term.

*What I am stuck on:*
So far what I have done is applied my data to this helpful tutorial:
http://www.biw.kuleuven.be/vakken/statisticsbyr/ANOVAbyRr/UnbalancedTwoWayANOVA.htm

I found that my interaction term was insignificant, so my model was
reduced to a two-factor model. But then I got stuck on the part where I
use a general linear test (GLT) to determine whether I should use a two-
or one- factor model to get my correct sum of squares decomposition for
my unbalanced ANOVA. I found that there was significance between my two-
and one- factor models (p=2.124x10^-6). But now I do not know which
model to use for obtaining the correct sum of squares for my unbalanced
two-way ANOVA.

I am still a novice at writing R code (~6ish months of experience) so I
apologize if there is any error in how I delivered this message. Any
help regarding this topic would be most appreciated. Please try to make
any replies as simple as possible, most code in R is still new to me.
Thanks for reading!