Hi All,

I am using the package quantreg to create a 'model' that I can then use to
predict the response variable (volume) from a larger set of explanatory
variables (environmental factors):

ie-
#model-
>fit <- rqss(volume~qss(env.factor1,lambda=1)+ qss(env.factor2,lambda=1),
tau =  0.9)
>summary(fit)
predict volume from new environmental factors for a larger area where I do
not know the volume
> predi<-predict(fit, new, interval = "none", level = 0.9)

However I am getting the following error message:
>Error in predict.qss1(qss, newdata = newd, ...) :
>no extrapolation allowed in predict.qss

Is there a way around this?

and also with the initial model, is there a way to test goodness of fit? If
so how? because #summary(fit) only tells me if the model is significant not
how good it is (like with a linear regression you get and R square value
which tells you how good the model is).

Thank you
All help is appreciated,
If you would like anything clarified please contact me,
Kitty