Hi,
When I fit the mixed-effects model by lme, I got theĀ convergence error code = 1
message = iteration limit reached without convergence (9). Even after I
increase the iteration numbers, it still did not work. The only way I found to
avoid the error message is to increase theĀ number of iterations for the EM
algorithm, which need to be at least 1100. But the weird thing is that the
correlation between two random coefficients is always around 1, which is not
true. So I am thinking the error should be related with the improper starting
value. But I do not know how to set up my desired starting value in lme
function. Are there anybody know it? Or met the same problem with me before and
know how to avoid the error? Thank you for your help.
Bests,
Jia