On Mar 16, 2011, at 9:07 AM, Jonathan P Daily wrote:

What operating system are you working with? On windows, making it run by
double clicking on it from explorer is not going to work. You will
probably have to write a batch file that invokes Rterm or Rscript (see
documentation for which you want to use). So if your script file is
"myscript.r", you could use Rterm myscript.r so long as the R executable
directory is in the search path.

On linux, make sure to start your script starts with #!/usr/bin/env
Rscript, and make it executable (i.e. chmod +x myscript.r). Now it should
run when you type ./myscript.r

There may be additional routes to success. Gabor Grothendieck has written a suite of batch files for Windows applications and you couldfollow the example code in building your particular clickable routine, and Dirk Eddelbeuttel has written "Little R" or more accurately `littler` which is designed to support non-interactive, special purpose R sessions.

--
David.

HTH,
Jon
Jonathan P. Daily
Technician - USGS Leetown Science Center
11649 Leetown Road
Kearneysville WV, 25430
(304) 724-4480
"Is the room still a room when its empty? Does the room,
the thing itself have purpose? Or do we, what's the word... imbue it."
    - Jubal Early, Firefly