Some ideas for you...

RedWhiteBlue <- colorRampPalette(c("firebrick","white","#023868"))
RedGrayBlue <- colorRampPalette(c("firebrick", "lightgray", "#023868"))
RedWhiteBlue2 <- colorRampPalette(c("red","white","blue"))
RedGrayBlue2 <- colorRampPalette(c("red", "lightgray", "blue"))
pie(rep(1,21), col=RedWhiteBlue(21))

Kevin Wright