That would certainly help, haha.  Thank you for catching that error.
Do you happen to know what exactly '~' means in R?

Thanks again.

Billy

nblarson [via R] wrote:
 Flip date and q in your formula, you've got them
backwards from what you've said you're trying to model.

    armstrwa wrote:
    Yeah, I did look at the
help(loess) page, but I wasn't really sure what to do with that.  I was
inputting it as:

> test<-loess(date ~ q,data.frame(date,q),span=0.5)

So I guess I'm inputting the formula wrong then?  But from looking at
the help(formula) page, I still wasn't sure what it's looking for.

Thanks.

Billy

  If you reply to this email, your
message will be added to the discussion below:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Difficulty-with-loess-function-tp3387537p3388108.html

To unsubscribe from Difficulty with 'loess' function, click
here .

--
William Armstrong
Hydrology Research Assistant