1) If you think McAfee is interfering, then you should look toward your support
options for that software to help you remove the setting that relates to R or
rcom. You may be able to test your theory by disabling that software
temporarily.

2) If R is working at the console, and RGui is working, then this is probably
not the list to be asking questions about using R from Excel on. There is a
mailing list for rcom/RExcel questions (I think it is at
http://mailman.csd.univie.ac.at/pipermail/rcom-l/).
DCN:<jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us> Basics: ##.#. ##.#. Live Go...
Live: OO#.. Dead: OO#.. Playing

"Mitri, Joanna" <jmi...@tuftsmedicalcenter.org> wrote:

HI, While I was working on R , I had a pop up from mcafee asking me if I wasih
to block or allow something to connect. I did not see r in the question, so I
had clicked on the option " block". since then, when I start R through excel ,
I only get R console and I do nto get R script anymore. Please advise Thanks
Joanna Mitri, MD, Fellow, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Tufts Medical Center 800 Washington St, #268, Boston, MA 02111 email
<mailto:jmi...@tuftsmedicalcenter.org> jmi...@tuftsmedicalcenter.org
<mailto:jmi...@tuftsmedicalcenter.org> Office Tel: 617-6365689 Fax: 617-6364719
voicemail: 617-6361216 pager: 617-6045985 NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: This email
message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email message an
destroy all copies of the original message. The information in this e-mail is
intended only for the