Hi,

It's difficult to know what is going wrong from what you say below (please
include some reproducible code in the future as indicated in the posting
guide).  If you want to produce a bar chart of the numbers with the
corresponding names as labels for these numbers, you can do something like
this:

x <- rnorm(10)
y <- letters[1:10] # use the first 10 letters of the alphabet as the labels
barplot(x, names.arg = y)

HTH,

Francisco