Hi everyone,
I have just got different samples from a dataframe (independent and exclusive, there aren't common elements among them). I want to create a variable that indicate the sampling selection of the elements in the original dataframe (for example, 0 = no selected, 1= sample 1, 2=sample 2, etc.).

I have tried to do it with ifelse command, but the problem is that the second line replaces the values of the first line, and I haven't been able to do it with the if command (I got this error: In if (data$school %in% sample1) { :
  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used)

data$selection <- ifelse(data$school %in% sample1, 1, 0)
data$selection <- ifelse(data$school %in% sample2, 2, 0)

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.

--
Sebastián Daza