On Mar 26, 2011, at 8:39 PM, Francois Rousseu wrote:

Hello R people

Is there a way to get the coordinates of the text region (coordinates of the four corners for example)

What "text region" are you talking about?

when using the text function? I'm looking for a way that does not make use of interactive function like locator. My goal is to determine the position of other structures in a graphic so that they don't overlap with the text.

The plotrix package and the rms package have functions for avoiding plotted points but you seem to be looking for something else.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT