Sorry for the cross post - but I will post your answer in the other place
too for completeness

And thanks for your answer... that is brilliant especially the second
transparent plot

Fantastic

On 30 March 2011 12:21, ONKELINX, Thierry <thierry.onkel...@inbo.be> wrote:

> Dear JP,
>
> Please do not cross post between lists.
>
> Here is a possible solution.
>
> library(ggplot2)
> p <- rep(c(rep("condition_a", 4), rep("condition_b", 4)), 2)
> q <- c(rep("grp_1", 8), rep("grp_2", 8))
> r <- sample(1:5, 16, rep = T)
> d <- data.frame(p, q, r)
> ggplot(d, aes(x = r)) + geom_ribbon(aes(ymax = ..density.., ymin =
> -..density..), stat = "density") + facet_grid(q ~ p) + coord_flip()
> ggplot(d, aes(x = r, fill = p)) + geom_ribbon(alpha = 0.2, aes(ymax =
> ..density.., ymin = -..density..), stat = "density") + facet_wrap( ~ q) +
> coord_flip()
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thierry

> ir. Thierry Onkelinx
> Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek
> team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg
> Gaverstraat 4
> 9500 Geraardsbergen
> Belgium
>
> Research Institute for Nature and Forest
> team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
> Gaverstraat 4
> 9500 Geraardsbergen
> Belgium
>
> tel. + 32 54/436 185
> thierry.onkel...@inbo.be
> www.inbo.be
>
> To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more
> than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say
> what the experiment died of.
> ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
>
> The plural of anecdote is not data.
> ~ Roger Brinner
>
> The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not
> ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
> ~ John Tukey

Jean-Paul Ebejer
Early Stage Researcher

InhibOx Ltd
Pembroke House
36-37 Pembroke Street
Oxford
OX1 1BP
UK

(+44 / 0) 1865 262 034

This email and any files transmitted with it are confide...{{dropped:22}}