Dear R community members

I did find a good way to merge my 200 text data files in to a single data
file with one column added will show indicator for that file.

filelist = list.files(pattern = "K*cd.txt") # the file names are K1cd.txt
.................to K200cd.txt

data_list <-lapply(filelist, read.table, header=T, comment=";", fill=T)

This will create list, but this is not what I want.

I want a single dataframe (all separate dataframes have same variable
headings) with additional row for example

; just for example, two small datasets are created by my component datasets
are huge, need automation

;read from file K1cd.txt

var1  var2  var3    var4

1           6         0.3         8

3          4         0.4         9

2          3         0.4         6

1           0.4    0.9          3

;read from file K2cd.txt

var1  var2  var3    var4

1           16         0.6        7

3          14         0.4         6

2         1 3         0.4         5

1          0.6    0.9          2

the output dataframe should look like

Fileno  var1  var2  var3    var4

1              1           6         0.3        8

1              3          4         0.4         9

1              2          3         0.4         6

1              1           0.4      0.9        3

2              1           16       0.6        7

2              3          14         0.4        6

2              2         1 3         0.4        5

2              1          0.6         0.9       2

Please note that new file no column is added

Thank you for the help.

Umesh R