Hello list,

I'm new to this list, so please forgive my ignorance.  I have searched
R-help for some hints into what might be my problem, but I truly have no
idea where to go from here.

I have an object of approximately 15,000 rows and 2 columns.  There are
many duplicates in the first column, all with different corresponding
values in the second column.  For example (2 is duplicated):

2    3.2

15  1.2

2    8.4

8    9.2

7    0.4

I used the following code to aggregate these based on the first column
and get the min and max:

min<-aggregate(as.numeric(humanneph[,2]),
list(as.numeric(humanneph[,1])), min)

max<-aggregate(as.numeric(humanneph[,2]),
list(as.numeric(humanneph[,1])), max)

Both worked beautifully!

THEN, I accidentally overwrote the object min.  Since I hadn't touched
the object humanneph, I copied the above code from my saved history and
re-ran it.  I get the following error:

Error in FUN(X[[1L]], ...) : argument "INDEX" is missing, with no
default

So, I went back and again, copying directly from my saved history,
re-made my object humanneph, and re-ran the above code again.  Still the
same problem!!!

So, it seems that after running this code once, suddenly aggregate does
not work!!!

Can anyone help me?

My sessionInfo()

R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)

i386-pc-mingw32

attached base packages:

[1] "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
"methods"

[7] "base"

Thanks!

Wyatt

K. Wyatt McMahon, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Research Associate

Department of Internal Medicine

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center

Lubbock, TX

79430

(806)743-4072