Alexis wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why I would get different average nearest neighbor
values
> for the same set of coordinates between ArcGIS 10 and R? Sometimes the
> difference in distance is over 1.3 km.

spatstat::nndist calculates Euclidean distances rather than distances
along the earth's surface, which is probably what you're getting from AG.
A very short example illustrating the problem would be helpful in
determining if I'm at all right; on the other hand I'm glad you're testing
your results.

You might peek at the current thread "Geographic distance between lat-long
points in R" for more information.

cur
--
Curt Seeliger, Data Ranger
Raytheon Information Services - Contractor to ORD