Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comment.

I must admit that I am very new to R and although it sounds interesting what
you write I have no idea of where to start. Can you give some functions or
examples where I can see how it can be done.

I was under the impression that I had to do a loop since my blocks of
observations are of varying length.

Thanks again,

Frederik