Hello,

I was having trouble passing in command line options when doing an package
install earlier.

>From An Introduction in R

> In addition, you can
> use25<http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.html#fn-25>options
> --arch=, --no-environ, --no-init-file, --no-site-file and --vanillabetween
> R and CMD: these affect any R processes run by the tools. (Here --vanillais
> equivalent to --no-environ
> --no-site-file --no-init-file.)

R CMD cmd arg

When I tried doing this, two unexpected things happened:

   1. --vanilla doesn't have an effect when used with R CMD  (R --vanilla
   CMD INSTALL rj_0.5.2-1.tar.gz)
   2. When loading my functions from "Rprofile.site" that seems to interfere
   with the INSTALL command.  I temporarily deleted the Rprofile.site contents,
   and the install worked as expected.  Maybe it's because I'm also parsing the
   arguments after the --args flag?

The second item is probably "user error" on my part.
The first item seems like a possible R bug, but I'm not ruling out "user
error".  See "?user.error" for a sample error message

I finally got the package installed, but wanted to report this if it really
is a bug.

The lines below come from a DOS prompt:

c:\Users\gene.leynes\Downloads>dir /B
gdata_2.8.1.zip
rj_0.5.2-1.tar.gz
c:\Users\gene.leynes\Downloads>R --vanilla

R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> R.Version()
$platform
[1] "i386-pc-mingw32"

$arch
[1] "i386"

$os
[1] "mingw32"

$system
[1] "i386, mingw32"

$status
[1] ""

$major
[1] "2"

$minor
[1] "13.0"

$year
[1] "2011"

$month
[1] "04"

$day
[1] "13"

$`svn rev`
[1] "55427"

$language
[1] "R"

$version.string
[1] "R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)"

> q()

c:\Users\gene.leynes\Downloads>R --vanilla CMD INSTALL rj_0.5.2-1.tar.gz
Function_II.R :
Function_IM.R :
Function_NAsummary.R :
Function_YahooAdjCloseAsZoo.R :
Function_addbg.R :
Function_bgfun.R :
Function_boxplot2.R :
Function_clipdir.R :
Function_clipper.R :
Function_clipstar.R :
Function_comma.R :
Function_count.na.R :
Function_dftab.R :
Function_enclose.R :
Function_eye.R :
Function_factors.R :
Function_finder.R :
Function_headstr.R :
Function_inin.R :
Function_lll.R :
Function_loader.R :
Function_ma.R :
Function_makebm.R :
Function_makegm.R :
Function_makegroups.R :
Function_plot100colors.R :
Function_plotRunningSd.R :
Function_saver.R :
Function_sourcedir.R :
Function_stacker.R :
Function_subzoo.R :
Function_svr.R :
Function_tictoc.R :
Function_writexls.R :
Function_wtt_3.0.R :
heatplot.R :
loadfuns.R :
Opening: nextArgrj_0.5.2-1.tar.gz
Warning in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  cannot open file 'nextArgrj_0.5.2-1.tar.gz': No such file or directory
Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  cannot open the connection
Calls: source -> file
Execution halted

c:\Users\gene.leynes\Downloads>