Dear R Helpers,
(I am using Ubuntu lucid and R 2.13.0
When I try to update packages I get this error:

> update.packages()
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Error in ret[i, ] <- c(pkgs[i], lib, desc) :
  number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length

I had no problem before (case 1) but now (case 2) I cannot get it to work,
googleing did not help:
case 1:
     * connecting directly without any proxy setting (at my university)
     * using R 2.12.2
case 2:
     * connecting through proxy setting (at my workplace)
     * using R 2.13.0

I set the proxy in terminal too but it does not help (echo $http_proxy gives
me http://192.168.0.1:8080/)

--
Majid Einian
PhD Candidate in "Economics"