On Apr 20, 2011, at 8:45 AM, murilofm wrote:

The link to the csv file is

http://www.filedropper.com/data_5

I use the "d" variable to create the radius:

radius <- sqrt( inv$d/ pi )

and i tried

symbols(inv$a, inv$b, circles=radius, inches=0.35, fg="white",
  bg="red", xlab="aa", ylab="bb",
  col=c("blue","red")[inv$c+1])

You should follow the Posting Guide's advice and offer the full code you used to read in that data. It's _not_ comma separated, and for some reason even using read.csv2 to properly read a semi-colon separated file, I also needed to to convert the first two variables from factor to numeric ... please also read the FAQ item on this topic.

Once that was done this "works", since col is _not_ the proper argument for coloring with that function:

?symbols

plot.new()
 symbols(inv$a, inv$b, circles=radius, inches=0.35,
         bg=c("blue","red")[inv$c+1])

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT