Em 5/5/2011 07:34, antu escreveu:
Hello all,

I am wondering if there is anyway to create distance matrix for replicated
data

for example,

I have a data like

sample  pop     id      var1    var2    var3    var4
1.1     1       a       1       1       0       1
1.2     1       a       0       0       1       0
1.3     1       a       1       1       0       1
2.1     2       b       0       0       1       0
2.2     2       b       1       1       1       1
2.3     2       b       0       1       0       0
2.4     2       b       1       0       1       1
3.1     3       a       0       1       0       1
3.2     3       a       1       1       1       0
3.3     3       a       0       0       0       0

dist(data[,c(4:7)] gives the distance of samples, but I also need the
distances of pop ie (1,2,3) and also id (a,b) how can I achieve this??

Just a doubt: does the idea of comparing (ordering) the variable pop and id make sense? Or expressed in more direct way: what would a distance between b and a mean (same for the pop labels)?