On May 6, 2011, at 6:22 PM, Eva Bouguen wrote:

Dear users,

In a study with recurrent events:
My objective is to get estimates of survival (obtained through a Cox model) by rank of recurrence and by treatment group. With the following code (corresponding to a model with a global effect of the treatment=rx), I get no error and manage to obtain what I want :
data<-(bladder)
model1<-coxph(Surv(stop,event)~rx+strata(enum) +cluster(id),data=bladder)
data1<-data.frame(rx=1)
survfit(model1,newdata=data1)

But with the model with strata by treatment interaction (corresponding to a model with an effect of the treatment by rank), I get the following error: model2<-coxph(Surv(stop,event)~rx*strata(enum) +cluster(id),data=bladder)

data1<-data.frame(rx=1)

survfit(model2,newdata=data1)
Erreur dans strata(enum) : objet "enum" non trouvé =>error in strata(enum) : object "enum" not found

Right. Looks like a perfectly clear error message to me .... you created a newdata dataframe that did not have all the necessary columns that you used on the RHS of your formula.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT