On 26/05/2011 6:02 AM, ogbos okike wrote:
Dear List,
I am currently running R-2.10.1. I wish to install R-2.13.0 or update my
R-2.10.1 to the R-2.13.0.

I have downloaded R-2.13.0 but wish to seek your advice before installing
that.

Please is there a better way of updating to the newer version other than
downloading and installing the version?
Thanks for your suggestions.

There is some advice on this in the Windows FAQ. You can see the current version online at

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#What_0027s-the-best-way-to-upgrade_003f

If you're not using Windows, most of the advice in that FAQ item is still good (though the paths & filenames will be different).

Duncan Murdoch