I am trying to develop a prognostic model using logistic regression.   I
built a full , approximate models with the use of penalization - design
package. Also, I tried Chi-square criteria, step-down techniques. Used
BS for model validation.

The main purpose is to develop a predictive model for future patient
population.   One of the strong predictor pertains to the study design
and would not mean much for a clinician/investigator in real clinical
situation and have been asked to remove it.

Can I propose a model and nomogram without that strong -irrelevant
predictor?? If yes, do I need to redo model calibration, discrimination,
validation, etc...?? or just have 5 predictors instead of 6 in the
prognostic model??

Thanks for your help

Al

.