I am trying to run a very large Bradley-Terry model using the BradleyTerry2
package.  (There are 288 "players" in the BT model).

My problem is that I ran the model below successfully.
WLMat is a win-loss matrix that is 288 by 288
WLdf<-countsToBinomial(WLMat)
  mod1<-BTm(cbind(win1,win2),player1,player2,~player,id="player",data=WLdf)

Then I needed to run the same model with a subset of the observations that went
into the win-loss matrix.  So I created my new win-loss matrix and tried to run
a new model.

Now I get:  Error: cannot allocate vector of size 90.5 Mb

I found this particularly puzzling because the actual input data is the same
size as the original model, just different values.

I tried increasing memory size, I tried running it in a clean workspace and the
error message is always the same (sometimes the vector it is trying to allocate
is 181.0MB (twice as large)) but it is always one of those two numbers no
matter what I have done to the available memory.

To further complicate this...I cannot get the system to re-run my first model
either . Same errors.

traceback indicates that the error occurs when the program is trying to do a qr
decomposition.

R 2.13.0
Windows XP

Any suggestions?

W. Michael Conklin
Chief Methodologist
Google Voice: (612) 56STATS

MarketTools, Inc. | www.markettools.com<http://www.markettools.com>
6465 Wayzata Blvd | Suite 170 |  St. Louis Park, MN 55426.  PHONE: 952.417.4719
| CELL: 612.201.8978
This email and attachment(s) may contain confidential and/or proprietary
information and is intended only for the intended addressee(s) or its
authorized agent(s). Any disclosure, printing, copying or use of such
information is strictly prohibited. If this email and/or attachment(s) were
received in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete all copies