Hi All,

I have the following dataset (triplicates values of 5 independent
measurements and duplicate vaues of a control):

1            2          3           4           5          C
181.8      58.2     288.9     273.2    290.9    53.9
120.3     116.8    108.9     281.3     446      39.6
86.1      148.5     52.9      126       150.3

My aim was to find if mean values of Samples 1 - 5 are significantly higher
than the mean value for C (control).

 At first, I carried out mean, SD and t-test (one-tail). Although SD error
bars are large, two of the samples have mean values that are significantly
higher than that of C.

Second, I carried out median and Coxon-Mann-Whittney test because of my
worry about the size of my data and the high variations in the replicates. I
was surprised however, that median and Coxon-Mann-Whittney tests did not
reveal statistical significant results.

I will be happy if anyone could adivce me on the best way to analyse this
dataset.

Regards,

Rob