Dear Mr or Ms genecleaner,

I think you will find that Daniel's suggested explanation, the use of a
normal approximation, fits well with your observation regarding the "exact"
option. So I cannot see why you feel bullied, I found the replies that you
received from the list topical and helpful.

Sincerely,
David.

PS: From the manual page "?wilcox.test"

"    By default (if 'exact' is not specified), an exact p-value is
     computed if the samples contain less than 50 finite values and
     there are no ties.  Otherwise, a normal approximation is used."