On 16.06.2011 10:25, Animesh wrote:
I am trying to optimize a simple function, but I want to optimize it for
values of k between 0 and 1.

I read the help file for constrOptim function but it is always giving me
the error
constrOptim((0.4),simulation,NULL,ui=rbind(c(0,0),c(1,1)))

Your parameter to be optimized is 1D but your bounds imply 2D...

Uwe Ligges

"Error in ui %*% theta : non-conformable arguments"

My starting value is 0.4...i also tried c(0.4). simulation is the function name
pasted below (It returns a scalar, as per the requirements of the constrOptim
call).
ui is the bound (0,0) to (1,1)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!