Hi,

I am new to R and not fantastic at statistics so it may well be that I am
doing something silly but I can't figure out what it is and hoping that
somebody can help.

I am running package lme4, and trying to get a Residuals vs. Fitted graph.
 When I try to plot, I receive an error.

Error in as.double(y) :
  cannot coerce type 'S4' to vector of type 'double'

Here is the code I am using

library("lme4")

m1<-lmer(y~trt*time*loc_block*Season+(1|ID), data=d)

plot(m1,add.smooth=F,which=1)

Error in as.double(y) :
  cannot coerce type 'S4' to vector of type 'double'

I searched the forums for some answers but haven't found anything
useful.  Any insight into what I am doing wrong and how to fix it.

Sara