Study the topic more carefully, I suppose. My understanding is that wavelets do
not in themselves compress anything, but because they sort out the interesting
data from the uninteresting data, it can be easy to toss the uninteresting data
(lossy data compression). Perhaps you should understand better what your Matlab
library is doing.
DCN:<jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us> Basics: ##.#. ##.#. Live Go...
Live: OO#.. Dead: OO#.. Playing

user123 <tyagi...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm new to the topic of wavelets. When I tried to use the mra function in the
wavelets package, the data is not getting compressed. eg. if the original
data has 500 values , the output data also has the same.
However in MATLAB, depending on the level of decompositon, the data gets
compressed.
How do I implement this in R?