On Jul 5, 2011, at 1:36 PM, петрович wrote:

I have a problem with a 3d plot, suppose we have a matrix like this:

                  v1        v2       v3      v4
jan-2010     0.5     0.25    0.25    0.3
feb-2010     0.35   0.12   0.12    0.4
mar-2010    0.15    0.25    0.25  0.1

and i want to plot this matrix in 3d plot where x-axis is the first
column of the matrix above, y - axis is the first row of the matrix
above and the z-axis is the numbers corresponding, so
z(jan-2010,v3)=0.25

I was trying with persp()

But you didn't show your code.

but i see that in this function z is a
vector

That is not how I read help(persp).

but in my case is a matrix,

Assuming the matrix is named "z", what happens with :

persp(z=z)

so i receive an error message

And after reading the Posting Guide you will see that you are asked to report any error message verbatim.

And perhaps even more importantly it asks that you provide a reproducible version of your object with dump. It's even easier to use dput, but do include one or the other.

I think this sound no so hard, but actually i couldn´t find a function
doing this, is there actually such a function?

There are many. But why not see if you can get persp to work?

Christian

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT