Thanks for the help! Are you sure R version plays a role in this case? My R
version is 2.13.0

Your suggestion prompted me to look into the help content of ifelse, and a
similar example exists there:

     x <- c(6:-4)
     sqrt(x)  #- gives warning
     sqrt(ifelse(x >= 0, x, NA))  # no warning

     ## Note: the following also gives the warning !
     ifelse(x >= 0, sqrt(x), NA)

Based on the above example, now I have a solution for my situation:

tConvert2 <- function(tval, DF, fullDF) qt(pt(ifelse(DF>=1, tval, 0),
ifelse(DF>=1, DF, 1)), fullDF)

> tConvert2(c(2,3), c(0,12), 12)
[1] 0 3

However, I feel my solution is a little kludged. Any better idea?

Thanks,
Gang