Thanks for all your help thus far. My final question is this, if I want to
simulate all the 2 x 3 tables (with column totals and row totals fixed), how
do I do this  using r2dtable(), and find the one that gives me the smallest
fisher's exact test.
Will r2table() generate unique tables everytime to a certain point and is
there a function which can give the unique tables?

Jim

--
Thanks,
Jim.