On 7/19/2011 4:04 PM, Bert Gunter wrote:
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 3:45 PM, David Winsemius<dwinsem...@comcast.net>  wrote:
On Jul 19, 2011, at 6:29 PM, J. wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

#########################
However, I am still curious about which result I should use? The result
from
R or the one from SPSS?
It is becoming apparent that you do not know how to use the results from
either system. The progress of science would be safer if you get some advice
from a person that knows what they are doing.
##########################
I nominate this for an R fortune.

-- Bert

None of us ever know what we're doing at some level. We often think we do, and sometimes we get results more in spite of what we've done than because of it. That of course increases our confidence and encourages us to repeat mistakes in contexts where we might not be so lucky.

Spencer

Why the results from two programs are different?
Different parametrizations. If I had to guess I would bet that the gender
coefficient is R is exactly twice that of the one from SPSS. They are
probably both correct in the context of their respective codings.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD