On 07/22/2011 07:16 AM, David Winsemius wrote:
Context added back in:

SamiC wrote:
Hi,

So I am trying to plot my results of a model. what i have is the
majority
of the data between the values of 0 and 30, then one outlier at 80 and
another at 130. the model plots a nice line through the data between
30, however given the outliers you cant seen this unless you change
the y
axis using ylim=c(0,30) but then you can only see the data points in
this
range. What I would like to do is plot a y axis with a multiple
scale, so
if i have 10 equally spaced ticks, 0 to 8 would be the data between
0 and
30, and then tick 9 would be 80 and tick 10 130, so that the two
outliers
would be show in the graph. I think what i have seen is a graph with
the
axis on one scale, then a squiggly line to another scale, and a
squiggly
like to a third scale.

DW wrote:
I seem to remember a post from Sarkar that there is no provision for
broken axes in lattice, so you will perhaps need to stay with base
graphics. The places to look for this sort of request are in plotrix
and TeachingDemos packages. I seem to remember such a question in the
past, so if that isn't immediately effective (actually it was when I
just checked so I am leaving it as an exercise for the poster), then
do some searching in the archives. And I see you are on posting from
Nabble. Nabble is not a particularly good place to do searches. Use
Baron's site, or Rseek, or sos::findFn, or Markmail or gmane. They
are all bette for searching. You might want to read the Posting Guide
too.